The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is taking its act on the road this fall. Officials will be traveling across the country to discuss new final rules implementing provisions of the America Invents Act that become effective on September 16, 2012.
According to the USPTO, officials will explain the final rules and answer audience questions. The roadshows are free and open to the public; pre-registration is not required. However, seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To find out if the USPTO is coming to a place near you, below is a list of dates and locations:
- Monday, September 10: Hennepin County Library, Minneapolis, MN
- Wednesday, September 12: USPTO Campus, Alexandria, VA
- Friday, September 14: Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles, CA
- Monday, September 17: Denver Public Library, Denver, CO
- Thursday, September 20: Detroit Public Library, Detroit, MI
- Monday, September 24: Georgia Institute of Technology Library, Atlanta, GA
- Wednesday, September 26: Rice University Fondren Library, Houston, TX
- Friday, September 28: New York Public Library, New York, NY
For those who will not be able to attend, the USPTO will webcast the roadshows during the first week (from Minneapolis, Alexandria, and Los Angeles) and post videos of those events online. Copies of the written materials will also be made available.
How Can We Help?
Big changes are slated to take effect this fall. If you have questions regarding how the new patent rules may impact you or your business, contact us today by phone or email to schedule your free 30-minute consultation.
At Sheldon Mak & Anderson, we recognize that innovation is your competitive edge - and it needs protection. As a full-service intellectual property firm with more than two decades of experience, we provide local, regional, national, and international legal services in the following areas: patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, IP litigation, international patent and trademark prosecution, licensing, alternative dispute resolution, and green technology.
Contact our knowledgeable intellectual property attorneys today TOLL FREE at 1-855-UR IDEAS (1-855-874-3327) or email us at email@example.com to find out how we can provide powerful protection for your unique ideas.